The Author Guideline of Jurnal KaLIBRASI.
Jurnal KaLIBRASI, with registered with ISSN number 2656-7768 (online). KaLIBRASI Journal is a scientific journal in the field of engineering managed by the Faculty of Engineering, Universitas Borobudur. This journal aims to publish research results in the field of Engineering including Architectur, Civil and Industrial Engineering. The aim of this journal publication is to disseminate the conceptual thoughts or ideas and research results that have been achieved in the area of Engineering including Architectur, Civil and Industrial Engineering. Jurnal KaLIBRASI, the editorial board invites you to submit your manuscript to be published in this journal. The writing guidelines attach here.
2. How to Write the Title, the Name, and the Author Address
The title of the manuscript should be written on the top of the first page with the center text alignment. Meanwhile, the author's name (without an academic degree), and the affiliation address of the author should be written with the center text alignment also under the title of the article. The author should give one-line spaces between the title and the author's name. Then, the space between the author's affiliation address and the abstract title is one space. The keywords must be written below the overall abstract for all words. Those should be arranged in alphabetical order and be separated by semicolon maximally three to five words.
The communication regarding the article revision and the final statement will be informed via email to the correspondence author only. If there is more than one author, the author names should be written down separated by a comma (,). If the author's name consists of at least two words, the first name should not be shorted. If the author's names are only one word, it should be written as it is. However, in the online version, it will be written in two words with the same name repeatedly for the purpose of the metadata indexing.
3. The Manuscript General Guidelines
The manuscript text general guidelines are as follows:
- The manuscript is the authentic research result that has not been published yet in other publication media or publishing houses
- The manuscript does not contain any plagiarism elements. The editorial board will directly reject the text that indicates plagiarism.
- The submission and the publication processes are free, without any additional fees.
- The manuscript that has been written under the guidelines of Jurnal KaLIBRASI (in MS Word format, use this article template) must be submitted through Online Submission System using Open Journal System (OJS) on the Jurnal KaLIBRASI. E-journal portal (https://ejournal.borobudur.ac.id/index.php/teknik/about/submissions) choose only one procedure. Then, register as one of the authors or reviewers in the Register's bottom.
- The manuscript article writing guidelines and template can be downloaded. The template and the guidelines of the article writing are available in MS Word (.doc) format.
- The manuscript online submission can be viewed in the part of the online submission guidelines below.
- The manuscript which is inappropriate with Jurnal KaLIBRASI writing guidelines will be returned to the author before the reviewing process.
- The manuscript should contain several aspects of a scientific article as follows: (subtitles as the order), which are: (a) the title of the article, (b) the author name (no academic title), (c) the affiliated author address, (d) the author email (e) the abstract and the keywords, (f) the introduction, (g) the research method (h), the research results and discussion (i), the conclusion (j), the references.
- The subtitles included in the discussion part (Introduction, Methods, Result and Discussion, and Conclusion). The subtitles are written in the bold and title case format. It uses the left text alignment without an underline. The next expanded subtitles should be written in the bold and sentence case format, it should use the left text alignment. The manuscript should consist of six (6) to fifteen (15) pages including pictures and tables. The manuscript text ought to be written as this article template in the camera-ready mode. The article is written on A4-sized papers (210x297 mm), with custom margins as follows: left 25 mm, right 25 mm, bottom 25 mm, and top 25 mm.
- The text of the articles must be in Times New Roman, 11pt font size, 1 line-spacing, with one columns.
- The words from uncommon or foreign languages are stated in Italic format. For the article in Bahasa Indonesia, foreign terms or words should be avoided. All numbers are written in Arabic numbering format, except for the new sentence.
- The tables and pictures are placed in the text group after the referenced tables or pictures. Each picture must be given a caption (Figure Caption) below the picture and be numbered in Arabic numbering format followed by the picture title. Each table must be given a table title (Table Caption) and numbered in Arabic numbering format above the table followed by the table title. The pictures attachment should be guaranteed that they can be printed well (font size, resolution, and line space are clearly seen). The picture, the table, and the chart should be placed in the center between text groups. If it has a bigger size, it can be placed in the center of a page. The table should not contain vertical lines, while horizontal lines are allowed only for the important point.
4. The Guidelines for the Manuscript Body Text
The title of the manuscript: The title should be informative and be written both briefly and clearly. It cannot diverse multi interpretations. It has to be pinpoint with the issues that will be discussed. The beginning word is written in the capital case and symmetrically. The article title does not contain any uncommon abbreviations. The main ideas should be written first and followed then by their explanations. The article title should be written within twenty words, 14pt-sized font, with the bold selection and in the center text format. Meanwhile, the abstract has to be written within 150-250 words maximum and followed by three to five keywords.
Introduction: The introduction must contain (shortly and consecutively) a general background and a literature review (state of the art) as the basic of the brand new research question, statements of the brand new scientific article, main research problems, and the hypothesis. In the final part of the introduction, the purpose of the article writing should be stated. In the scientific article format, it does not allow to write down the references as in the research report. They should be represented in the literature review to show the brand new of the scientific article.
Research Methods: The method is implemented to solve problems, including analytic methods. The methods used in the problem solving of the research are explained in this part.
Discussion and Result: This part consists of the research results and how they are discussed. The results obtained from the research have to be supported by sufficient data. The research results and the discovery must be the answers or the research hypothesis stated previously in the introduction part.
Conclusion: This is the final part containing conclusions and advice. The conclusions will be the answers to the hypothesis, the research purposes, and the research discoveries. The conclusions should not contain only the repetition of the results and discussions. It should be the summary of the research results as the author expects in the research purposes or the hypothesis. The advice contains suggestions associated with further ideas from the research.
References: All the references that are used in the article must be listed in this part. In this part, all the used references must be taken from primary sources (scientific journals and the least number is 80% of all the references).
5. The Guidelines for the Citations and References
All the served data or quotes in the article taken from the other authors’ articles should attach the reference sources. The references should use a reference application management such as Mendeley, EndNote, or Zotero. The writing format that is used in Jurnal KaLIBRASI follows the format applied by the APA Style.
6. The Online Submission Manuscript Guidelines
The following are the steps for submitting papers in the Jurnal KaLIBRASI:
- The document submitted by Online Submission System in the Jurnal KaLIBRASI e-journal portal HERE.
- Firstly, the author should register as either an author or reviewer (checking role as author or reviewer) in the Register.
- After the registration step is completed, log in as an author, click in New Submission. The article submission stage consists of five stages, such as: (1). Start, (2). Upload Submission, (3). Enter Metadata, (4). Upload Supplementary Files, (5). Confirmation.
- In the Start column, choose Journal Section (Full Article), check all the checklists.
- In the Upload Submission Columns, upload the manuscript files in MSWord format in this column.
- In the Enter Metadata columns, fill in with all the author data and affiliation. Including the Journal Title, Abstract, and Indexing Keywords.
- In the Upload Supplementary Files columns, the author is allowed to upload supplementary files, the statement letter, or any other else.
- In the Confirmation columns, if the data you entered are all correct already, then click Finish Submission.
- If the author has difficulties in the submission process through the online system, please contact the Jurnal KaLIBRASI editorial team at firstname.lastname@example.org.